Learn How to Create Unreal Engine 5 Environments from Scratch Beginner to Professional Game Design Workflow
What you’ll learn
• Building your own riverside environment overlooking a mountain range, and walk around it like in a real game
• Building a 3D environment by making full use of the Quixel library and all its categories, including 3D assets, surface detail, textures, and 3D vegetation
• Making custom adjustments to photorealistic 3D assets through material instance tweaking and modeling adjustments
• Sculpting out your own custom terrains from scratch using UE5 sculpting tool
• Creating a landscape material that allows you to automatically texture out the terrain and add custom details to it
• Creating mountains using height texture map data with generated textures based on their texture
• Setting up your fantasy riverside environment ready for walking through with your very own third-person character in Unreal Engine 5
• Learning all about the Niagara fire systems
• Mastering fire simulations for a campfire using a built-in fluid simulation
• Creating an entire water system, with depth of water and caustics parameters, allowing you to create a still water body or river, fully customisable with wate
• Learning how to make use of the foliage tool to create an organic composition out of our scene
• Making a custom sky atmosphere to simulate a sunset with volumetric fog and clouds.
• Breathing life into the work by adding birds and fireflies to the game environment, and using the Niagara particle system to animate firefly motion
• Learning how to do colour grading to take your work to the next level
• Maintaining and optimising fantasy aesthetics for a full riverside environment overlooking a mountain range scene using an Unreal Engine 5 skybox
• Learning how to use HDRIs as 3D model backgrounds for your portfolio
• Rendering a 3D fantasy environment to a high level for professional 3D artist portfolios using Unreal Engine 5
• Complete the course which is going to be the first stepping stone to creating your own 3D world and RPG game environment
• To own a computer (Microsoft, Linux or Mac)
• To have downloaded Unreal Engine 5
• A thirst to learn and excitement about 3D modelling and animation
• To download all course resources including a download pack with 8 unique texture maps to help you set up your own water system and an example texture map of a mountain height map texture.
Unreal Engine 5 Beginners Guide to Building an Environment – Learn How to Crate Unreal Engine 5 Environments from Scratch Beginner to Professional Game Design Workflow
Have you ever wanted to build an entire game world?
Join ‘Unreal Engine 5 Beginners Guide to Building an Environment’ because there’s nothing like it! Be enthralled in a full guide to building a game environment in Unreal Engine 5 (UE5) from creating a landscape, to making water flow through your mountains, and the best way to place environmental details.
If you have ever wanted to get into Unreal Engine 5 or are making the switch over from Unreal Engine 4, then this course is absolutely for you.
Whether you are a video game player who wants to take gaming into their control and build what has been hiding in the depths of your imagination, or a game designer looking to find out all that UE5 has to offer in a dedicated and complete overview, this course is ideal for you.
We have designed the course from the ground up to make sure that no matter your skill level, you will easily be able to follow along and more importantly learn most of the skills to create your own 3D game environment.
You will become a master of using Unreal Engine 5!
Build an intricate landscape with an awe-striking mountain range, and a winding river which leads down to a fisherman’s hat full of life.
Our ‘Unreal Engine 5 Beginners Guide to Building an Environment’ top 5
· Building a 3D environment by making full use of the Quixel library through learning how to deform a mesh and adjust material properties
· Sculpting out terrains and generating mountains using height map textures
· Creating a reusable water system with waterfalls and setting up atmospheric sunset lighting
· Creating fire simulations for the fireplace
· Breathing life into the work by adding birds and fireflies to the environment
With ‘Unreal Engine 5 Beginners Guide to Building an Environment’, you will learn how to do that in no time!
Build an intricate riverside environment with a fisherman’s hut and a wooden walkway, ready for a new 3D modelling adventure.
This course will give you access to just over 19 hours of 3D art in 93 comprehensive lessons.
This course will see you learn all the techniques pros use and how they use them. Learning how to achieve realism through ageing your 3D game environments will be a central part of this course’s learning objectives!
Walk around your fisherman’s hut riverside environment with the UE5 default character for the full immersive experience filled with wonder and the smallest, charming details hidden behind every nook and cranny.
‘Unreal Engine 5 Beginners Guide to Building an Environment’ will teach you how to design your very own building structure – a fisherman’s hut – in the UE5 environment. You will learn how to work with Quixel assets to their fullest by customising them to your liking.
We will go over all categories within the Quixel library to build our 3D environment: assets, textures, decals and foliage. Join us to find out how to make use full use of Quixel material instance parameters to adjust textures and make them fit the colour pallet of your world.
Deform any mesh to your liking using a built-in modeling mode within UE5 itself. We will make use of a variety of different techniques to bend, warp and even cut into the mesh to get full control over the scanned assets from the Quixel library to make sure that the only limit to building our world will be our imagination.
You will build our very own water system from scratch to enhance the visuals of your ‘Unreal Engine 5 Beginners Guide to Building an Environment’ scene. This will include everything that water VFX involves no matter the type you would want to create. By joining this course, you will essentially be able to reuse this water for any future projects.
We create a fully dynamic water body system that will allow us to create a flowing river with waterfalls, a still body lake or even something in between. Master vertex painting to blend inflows of water and develop realistic water visuals for your ‘Unreal Engine 5 Beginners Guide to Building an Environment’ scene. We will also create additional water visual effects to enrich the flow of our liquid. The water system will involve making use out of a variety of material techniques including a particle set up to manipulate animation and give a certain organic feel to our waterfalls.
Creating Living Environments
Breathe life into your own virtual world by creating a flock of birds flying over the horizon, and fireflies playfully buzzing around over water. We will start off by manually sculpting out the shapes of our birds using UE5’s built in sculpting mode. This will allow us to add randomised motion to the birds, using a material set up for the bird’s wing flapping effect. Our goal will be to create bird silhouettes flying over the horizon, giving each individual feathered friend a unique flying animation within the flock of birds.
We will continue by creating a firefly particle effect, letting them playfully fly over the top of our water, using the animation sequence within our scene.
‘Unreal Engine 5 Beginners Guide to Building an Environment’ goes in depth on setting up particles within Unreal Engine 5 (UE5). Learn to use the Niagara particle system to its fullest. We will start off and make use of Niagara to create water flow effects, fireflies, and a fluid simulation to create campfire visuals.
Throught the course, we will cover multiple techniques for building up a terrain within Unreal Engine 5 (UE5). We will learn how to manually sculpt out a terrain using a built in sculpting tool. This will help us generate a terrain from a height texture map by making use out of a displacement tool to generate a mountain.
The lessons will take you through the versitility of landscape texturing methods within UE5 as well. You will learn how to (a) create an automatic landscape texturing material to generate textures on your level, (b) how to add custom painted texturing detail by creating your own landscape material from scratch, and (c) how to add a variation of textures based on height map detail for the mountains.
Atmosphere Building & Camera Composition
‘Unreal Engine 5 Beginners Guide to Building an Environment’ will finish by setting up a sunset for the environment using the dynamic volumetric cloud system. During this stage, we will learn how to adjust our atmosphere and the sun light color absorption to exaggerate the sunset lighting within the 3D environment. We will learn how to effectively position our sun and increase its scale to create a nicely stylized evening scene.
To top it off, we will set up a nice camera composition for the scene and render out a video of the finished result to show off the work we’ve done.
Course Resources & Freebies
The ‘Unreal Engine 5 Beginners Guide to Building an Environment’ resource pack includes 8 unique textures maps to help you set up your own water system and an example texture map of a mountain height map texture.
Join this course and come be part of a game design journey of over 19 hours of learning that will see you go away with a game-ready fantasy game environment full of life and animation.
Check out the free introduction and I am sure you won’t be able to put this course down!
Let’s create something whimsical and full of life this September!
To get you pumped, imagine how well this sunset fantasy scene fits in with your other 3D Tudor projects.
Be creative! Feature your fisherman’s hut riverside environment nearby a medieval castle keep with ‘Creating a Modular Kitbash in Blender’. Also, think about creating an environment behind or above your scene, be it a medieval farm in the far distance using ‘Blender 3 The Ultimate Medieval Scene Course’, a church or an execution gallows staging area with ‘Blender to Unreal Engine 5 | 3D Props | Medieval Gallows’. Use the full power of Blender 3 and Unreal Engine 5 (UE5) to your advantage.
You can include your fisherman’s hut environment as part of our ‘Creating a Modular Kitbash in Blender’ course, nearby to your medieval in or tavern by the harbour area based on ‘Blender 2.8 Complete Beginners Guide to 3D Modelling a Scene’, or next to your medieval well or windmill using ‘Blender 2.8 Creating your First 3D Game Model’ and ‘Blender to Unreal Engine 5’ respectively.
Until next time, happy modelling everyone!
Neil – 3D Tudor
Who this course is for
• Beginner 3D modellers and game designers eager to learn how to build a game-ready environment in a game engine
• Enthusiasts of Unreal Engine 5 who want to fast-track their understanding of its new and exciting changes
• Game designers who would like to design a riverside environment overlooking a mountain range for games in Unreal Engine 5