Keep It is for writing notes, keeping web links and documents, and finding them again. Available on Mac, and as a separate app for iPhone and iPad, Keep It is the destination for all those things you want to put somewhere, confident you will find them again later.
Notes and Links
Create notes with built-in styles that look good and read well on all your devices. Notes can contain checklists, bulleted and numbered lists, images, links and other attachments.
Save Web Links
Save web links to Keep It, view them in the app, open them in your browser, or save them as PDFs for offline reading.
Any kind of file can be added to Keep It or saved to its folders, and opened for editing in their original applications. With iCloud, changes are automatically made available across all your Macs and iOS devices.
Preview and Edit
Keep It generates thumbnails and summaries for most files, can edit its own notes, rich and plain text files, and show previews for PDFs, images, web pages and most other documents.
Search and Filter
Keep It can search the content of most files. Suggestions appear as you type, allowing you to narrow down results to exactly what you need, or use keywords and natural language. Save searches for later reuse.
Keep It’s Tag Filter makes finding things by their tags a pleasure. Choose a tag to see all the tagged items and any other relevant tags; choose another tag to drill down further.
Folders let you organize items and bundles hierarchically, when needed. Select a folder to see everything it contains.
When you need to gather things into one place, make a bundle. Items can be in more than one bundle at a time, and when you remove the bundle, everything else stays where it was.
Use labels to color-code items for quick visual recognition. Labels are listed in the sidebar so you can quickly see everything with a particular label.
Use the Recents list to see things you’ve added or viewed lately, with the latest shown at the top. Favorites provide quick access. Deleted Items are automatically removed after 30 days.
Where You Need It
In compact mode, Keep It for Mac becomes a single column, ideal for using alongside other apps or in split screen.
Works with Other Apps
Pretty much anything can be dragged to Keep It, and you can also add things from a variety of apps with Keep It’s share extension.
- See Keep It as a location in the Finder, and standard Open and Save dialogs
- Add, move, rename, remove and generally manage files in the Finder
- When using iCloud, files no longer need to be stored on your Mac, but will still appear in the Finder
- See favorite items at the top of the list
- Redesigned list view shows larger thumbnails and longer names
- Icon view shows document thumbnails by their width
- Duplicate items in the list
- Use Quick File to quickly add things to a folder or bundle
- Manually reorder folders, nested bundles and saved searches in the sidebar
- See related items in the Info view or Show In menu
- See instant search suggestions to go beyond searching with text
- Use Quick Open to quickly search for and open any list or item
- Find items with checklists and highlighted text
- Icons for suggestions and tokens in the search field
Notes & Text Editing
- Adjustable display margins for notes, rich text and Markdown files
- Edit paragraph settings for all note styles
- Automatically constrain width when editing windows made full screen
- Easily insert a link to another Keep It item or list
- Word count now floats over the text
- Task lists in Markdown previews
Web Links & PDFs</b>
- Reader mode for web links, save for offline as HTML or PDF
- Convert minimal web pages to editable notes
- See the URL when the pointer moves over links
- See thumbnails and an outline (if available) for PDF documents
- Reorder and remove PDF pages in the thumbnails view