Visual Studio Code provides developers with a new choice of developer tool that combines the simplicity and streamlined experience of a code editor with the best of what developers need for their core code-edit-debug cycle. Visual Studio Code is the first code editor, and first cross-platform development tool – supporting macOS, Linux, and Windows – in the Visual Studio family.
At its heart, Visual Studio Code features a powerful, fast code editor great for day-to-day use. The Preview release of Code already has many of the features developers need in a code and text editor, including navigation, keyboard support with customizable bindings, syntax highlighting, bracket matching, auto indentation, and snippets, with support for dozens of languages.
For serious coding, developers often need to work with code as more than just text. Visual Studio Code includes built-in support for always-on IntelliSense code completion, richer semantic code understanding and navigation, and code refactoring. In the Preview, Code includes enriched built-in support for ASP.NET 5 development with C#, and Node.js development with TypeScript and jаvascript, powered by the same underlying technologies that drive Visual Studio. Code includes great tooling for web technologies such as HTML, CSS, LESS, SASS, and JSON. Code also integrates with package managers and repositories, and builds and other common tasks to make everyday workflows faster. And Code understands Git, and delivers great Git workflows and source diffs integrated with the editor.
- 3-way merge editor – Resolve merge conflicts within VS Code.
- Command Center – New UI to search files, run commands, and navigate cursor history.
- Do Not Disturb mode – Silence non-critical notification popups.
- Toggle Light/Dark themes – Quickly switch between preferred light and dark themes.
- Terminal shell integration – Display command status, run recent commands, and more.
- Task output decorations – Highlights task success or failure exit codes.
- Git Commit action button – Configure your default Git Commit action.
- Debug Step Into Target support – Allows you to step directly into functions when paused.
- jаvascript sourcemap toggling – Switch to debugging compiled rather than source code.
- Color theme tester – Use vscode.dev to preview color themes.
- VS Code Server preview – Run the same server used for Remote Development.
- Title: Visual Studio Code 1.69.0
- Developer: Microsoft Corporation
- Compatibility: macOS 10.11 or later
- Language: Multilingual
- Includes: Free
- Size: 176.94 MB